Keep it Simple!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci
Quick 2 part quiz:
1) How many remote controls do you have in your house?
Why are we all so stressed out these days? I would argue the reason for the stress is because we our lives are too complicated, and they need to be simpler. Don’t believe me?
2) How many devices do you have that use remotes have buttons you could use instead of these remotes?
Do you really think you need these remotes? Do you really think you need these devices? Now I’m as guilty as the next. I have 6 remotes I can see right now without really looking, and probably another 3 or 4 I can’t find or don’t know about. I am working towards making things simpler in other parts of my life. I only have 1 bank account where I keep money, I only have 1 place where I get all my insurance, and I try to write all my notes in only 1 notebook. I’m also working on saving all my computer files in 1 place, and just bought a new computer that will allow me to keep these files all on my PC, with a backup already made so I don’t freak out if something crashes. I encourage you to do the same.
Now if I could just find the remote to shut off my TV, I could go to bed.
Action Items for Your Life
1) Simplify your life – Try to get rid of any remotes you don’t know what it does anymore. Try to get down to 1 or 2 bank accounts. Use some of the cyber-simplification tips found above. Share some of your most successful tips with loved ones in your life.
2) Organize your life – Write things down so you don’t forget what needs to be done. Store things in 1 place and 1 place only.
3) Clarify your life – Figure out what’s really important, and make sure you are making time for it. Doing what’s really important is one of the best ways you can "Make it Great!"
Until next time…Make it a GREAT day!