Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Phil Gerbyshak and I do several things that may help you and/or your organization:
1) Speaking – I love getting in front of audiences from 5 people to 5000 people, to share my experiences using social media, management, and/or self-improvement. I’ve been in the front of the room since I was 4 years old. The first speaking engagement I remember was playing the shoemaker in the play The Elves and the Shoemaker in first grade. I was 6 years old. And I’ve been doing it ever since. I customize every session for the audience, and folks typically pay for me to talk about social media, customer service and management.
2) Training – My ability to get in the front of the room helps me be a very good, some would say great, trainer, and I actually went to school for 3 years to be a school teacher. While I didn’t finish my degree in education, I did get a degree in Computer Science believe it or not. I’ve found I have a natural gift to take hard subjects and explain them in ways anyone can understand. I’ve taught folks from ages 3 to 83, and probably will always be teaching and training something for the rest of my life.
3) Writing – I wrote my first book in high school as a book of poetry I gave to my mom. I’m sure she has it somewhere. As an adult, I’ve been the lead author on 3 books, contributed to some 10 others (some hard copy and some electronic only) and I have written over 2500 articles about social media, self-improvement, management, and technology. Many of those articles are on this website for your learning pleasure. Feel free to use any in your newsletters as long as you link back to this website and say something nice about me.
If you’re interested in working with me, contact me and let’s talk.
If I’m not your type of guy, that’s ok too. You still may find something on my website that’s useful. Just use the search box and you should find what you’re looking for.
Oh yeah…If you would like a more formal about me, please keep reading. If not, you can stop now.
Thanks for reading!
About Phil Gerbyshak
Phil Gerbyshak is the chief connections officer who works with small businesses and organizations to increase employee & customer engagement by using social media to create and build relationships. He helps them understand it’s really not about the tools; it’s all about the conversations they participate in and the connections they create and cultivate.
Phil worked in IT for much of the past 15 years, and has focused his efforts on understanding and leveraging the social media space for over 8 years. His work building relationships using blogs was spotlighted in the 2005 book What Nobody Ever Tells You About Blogging and Podcasting: Real Life Advice from 101 People Who Successfully Leverage the Power of the Blogosphere.
In addition to doing keynote and breakout addresses, Phil greatly enjoys coaching others in the simple strategies and tactics that make life great. His first book 10 Ways to Make It Great! was published in 2006 and inspired many to make the changes in their life to go from good…to GREAT.
His second book Help Desk Manager’s Crash Course offers managers a guidebook for hiring, firing, discipline, and more.
Phil co-authored #Twitterworks in 2010, featuring success stories, tips and traps about using twitter for independent restaurants and small businesses but that anyone can use.
In 2012, Phil authored Service Desk Manager’s Crash Course to help service desk manager’s learn the basics of management – FAST!
Phil is currently working on several projects to enable small businesses to effectively use social media in a concentrated amount of time.
In a nutshell, Phil does speaking, coaching, and training for small and medium sized organizations and entrepreneurs who want to take their life, and their business to the next level.
What others say about Phil
Chris Brogan, NY Times best-selling author and social media superstar says: “Phil has boundless energy and optimism, channeled into the noble goal of making good connections with interesting people. He is truly tireless in his pursuit of finding great ways to share knowledge, build community, and channel relationships into action. I’d recommend Phil highly in these aspects for your future endeavors.”’
Dr. Tammy Lenski says: “When someone first mentioned Phil to me 3 years ago, she described him this way: “He’s the real deal.” Everytime I’ve spoken with or seen Phil interviewing or doing a public speaking gig since, that has proven true. Then, when I felt it was time for me to do some re-branding after over 10 successful years in business, I knew I wanted the benefit of a creative, energetic and smart soul to bounce ideas off of. I knew I wanted someone who grasps branding but works in realms not just narrowly focused on branding alone. Phil came immediately to mind. The results with Phil were exceptional. He pressed my thinking where I’d asked him to (and a few well-selected place I hadn’t!), proved a superb brainstorming and idea-generating partner, and invited me to deepen my thinking about some of the brand ideas I was considering. And he did it all with high energy, a sunny demeanor, and reliable timeliness. Phil Gerbyshak is the real deal indeed.”
Lisa Gates says: “Phil Gerbyshak is an inspired master speaker who can light a dark corner in any room on fire with his absolute love of humanity, and a deep wisdom about team building, leadership and communication. His style is witty and improvisational, and grounded by a tireless, authentic generosity.”
Sophie Klossner says: “If you are looking for a speaker who brings energy, enthusiasm and direction to your group, look no further than Phil Gerbyshak. Phil will get your group on its feet with energy and looking forward to making it a great day!”
Brad Shorr says: “Phil understands social media as well as or better than anyone you will find – anywhere. Besides having a full understanding of the technical and strategic aspects of using Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, etc., in your business, Phil brings high energy and enthusiasm to every project and speaking engagement. In short, Phil can help you figure out what to do, and get you fired up about doing it!”
Rich Hand says: “Phil is a great choice if you are looking for a speaker to add value for you and your employees! He will energize you , and will customize his presentation to Make It Great! I have used him at HDI and he is a valuable contributor to our community. He can do the same for you. High energy! High Impact! Highly recommended!”
Phil’s Book: 10 Ways to Make It Great!
Phil is a take-charge kind of guy, not content to passively wait for life to happen to him. Life is what you make of it, and Phil has decided to Make It Great! Phil has made it his mission in life to help as many people as possible live the fulfilled, empowered lives they deserve. He has compiled his techniques for living a successful life built on meaningful relationships. Some of the high-impact ideas within his book are…
- Begin at the End and Work Toward Today – Are you living the life you always wanted? If not, Phil explains how to take charge of your goals, and have a successful, rewarding life.
- Surround Yourself with Those Who Can Help You – Phil shows you how to engage people on a daily basis. He encourages you to build real relationships, and shows you how to bring others out of their shells.
- Go the Extra Mile – Not content with just getting by in life, Phil encourages you to give your dreams everything you’ve got. Put yourself out there, and you will come out over the top.
Phil explores these and many more topics in-depth at each of his speaking engagements. He has been elaborating on his Make It Great! philosophy of life at the Make It Great! blog since 2005. With over 2000 articles on improving your life, your business, and your relationships, Phil is the expert YOU need to motivate your business to greatness.
Contact Phil today to have him make your organization GREAT!