You’re a busy financial advisor, and yet you know you need to do something, ANYTHING on LinkedIn today to move your business forward, to get a lead, earn a referral, or something to stay in front of your existing customer base and show them you’re paying attention.
You’ve got just 10 minutes to use LinkedIn. What can you do?
At least 10 things!
1) Update your status with the latest news from your company’s LinkedIn company page, or company website
2) Update your status with the latest news about your favorite hobby or pastime, preferably by asking a question.
3) Request new connections with 3 of the People You May Know that show up on your home screen.
4) Change the filter on your home page from All Updates to be Profile Updates and look for people who’ve recently been promoted, had a job change, or had a work anniversary, and block time on your calendar to personally congratulate them with a phone call or a hand written note in the next week.
5) Review the People Who’ve Viewed Your Profile and reach out now, or schedule time on your calendar to contact them by e-mail or phone if they’re first level connections.
6) Review the People Who’ve Viewed Your Profile and reach out to them, or at least schedule time on your calendar to connect with them on LinkedIn if they’re second level connections.
7) Go to your LinkedIn Inbox and accept any new LinkedIn invitations, and block time on your calendar in the next week to go through these people’s networks and look for potential referral opportunities.
8) Respond to any LinkedIn emails sent to you.
9) Review the suggested Groups You May Like on the LinkedIn homepage, and join any that look like they are filled with clients or prospects.
10) Review the Companies You May Want to Follow and click on any companies you want to work with to review their recent updates to look for news you can act on like new hires/layoffs, expansion news, and anything else that may be useful.
These are just 10 things you can do in 10 minutes (or less) on LinkedIn.
Which ones are YOUR favorite? Leave a comment below – or share this article on LinkedIn – and then take the next 9 minutes to do something else useful on LinkedIn to build your business!